Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Closer Look

Sarah T.
This photo was taken of my friend, Katie J. It's my favorite because I like the up-close detail portraits. I think you can almost tell more about a person my getting up close rather than a full-body shot. I really like the flower in her braid; it's simple beauty and it reminds me of summer.  To edit the picture, I increased the contrast and saturation. I changed the levels and and the curves of lightness and darkness. I made the picture a little lighter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britney B- HHS

I loveeee this! I think it's the colors that make it so good. I love that the braid is on one side, it brings your attention to the middle of the page, but your eye is still attracted to its surroundings because of the color

Mallory A-HHS said...

I really like this picture!! I love how the yellow flower really pops out against the red shirt! I also really like that there is none of her face in the photo and it is mainly focused on the flower and hair but that is not the only thing in the picture. Great job, love it!

Danielle C-HHS said...

I absolutely love this photo! I love how the image is a detail portrait, it gives it an interesting mood. I also love how the yellow flower in the braid really pops against her shirt. Another way I'd like to see this image in black and white; only restoring the color in the flower. But overall, great job!