Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Faded Glory"

Zach K.

Taken in my backyard around 2:30 on August 22. Its my favorite because like the definition of the shadows on the flag and how everything else in the image is colorless besides the flag.

Edits: I faded the color 3 times, and also edge blurred 3 times, because even though I wanted the colors of the flag to be faded I still wanted what color it did have to be in focus. Then I removed all contrast and most of the saturation, maxed the definition and sharpness, raised the highlights, and removed the shadows.

1 comment:

Robert S-HHS said...

I really like this picture. I think the blurred edges really add emphasis to the subject. I think it would be interesting to see what the flag would look like if the saturation was all the way up. I also think the image looks cool where the light is breaking through the bush in the blurred part. You did a good job!